Friday, March 4, 2011

2011 Day 57: Stone Pale Ale


Name: Pale Ale
From: Stone Brewing, California, USA
Type: American Pale Ale


Saturday night I went to Orbit Room to see my friend spin some reggae and soul tunes. While enjoying the music and some great conversations I knocked back a few Stone Pale Ales. I've had several Stone Beers, and for the most part I've been impressed, but never really "wowed". However, this one was a fantastic beer! I'm used to Stone beers being good, typical hoppy west coast style ales, but this beer reminded me more of an English pale ale in terms of the malt profile. Lots of caramel and toffee flavors, nice and rich to balance out all those tasty, bitter west coast hops. Originally I planned to have one, then switch to the $2 Blatz, but I just couldn't. Really enjoyable, a repeat buy for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment