Friday, May 15, 2009

Treasure Trove


A couple of weeks ago, I went to Dark Lord Day at Three Floyds Brewery in Munster, Indiana. Dark Lord is a special Russian Imperial Stout that is only sold one day out of the year, and only at the brewery. It costs $15 per 22 oz. bomber and you were limited to 4 per ticket.

I bought my limit, but with the idea that I could trade this highly-coveted beer for other beers you can't get in Chicago. I kept one to drink (which I haven't done yet), traded two, and haven't decided what to do with the fourth.

Anyway, one of the packages I received in return for the Dark Lord arrived today. Needless to say, the guy was obviously thrilled to get some because he seriously hooked me up, as you can see in the picture.

The box contained:

1 22 oz. bottle of "The Abyss" Russian Imperial Stout from Deschutes Brewery, OR
1 22 oz. bottle of "Vortex II" Russian Imperial Stout from Pisgah Brewing Co., NC
1 22 oz bottle of "Pugsley's Signature Series Barley Wine" from Shipyard Brewing, ME
1 22 oz bottle of Russian Imperial Stout from Otter Creek Brewing, VT
1 12 oz bottle of "Ruth" American Pale Ale from Hair of the Dog Brewing, OR

Reviews to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment