Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome

Hello,

I've decided to start blogging about my experiences with beer and homebrewing. There are a lot of sites that one can read for detailed, nuanced reviews of beers, (beeradvocate and ratebeer for example) but this blog will take a more simple approach for a few reasons, listed below

1) I don't have a very sophisticated palate, and lack the knowledge to add much meaningful insight to the prolix reviews on those sites.

2) Rarity and hype seem to artificially inflate the ratings of many beers. I plan to drink the beers, write about them and then read the thoughts of others so I can realize what a tin-tongued idiot I am.

3) Most people I know would find the sites I mentioned above to be overkill, and information overload. I hope to be informative without being pedantic or snobbish.

I always welcome questions and feedback, so feel free to say hi.

All the best,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment