Saturday, January 29, 2011

2011 Day 27: Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve Imperial India Pale Ale


Name: Captain's Reserve Imperial India Pale Ale
From: Captain Lawrence Brewing, New York, USA
Type: Imperial IPA

This was the first of about 14 beers I got in a mailed package from a dude in New York in exchange for a 12 back of Bell's Hopslam, which isn't distributed up there. I drank this one first because I liked the bottle. It poured pretty light for a double IPA, but had a great smell to it, lots of pine, lots of melon. For me, the taste was only average - beers this big can be really hit and miss, there wasn't anything really off about it but I was struggling to find things I loved too. I had no trouble finishing my glass, but I think there are a lot of other options out there. On the other hand, Katie liked this one a lot, so there you go. A pretty good beer I'd try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment