Thursday, February 3, 2011

2011 Day 33 - Captain Lawrence St. Vincent's Dubbel

Name: St. Vincent's Dubbel
From: Captain Lawrence Brewing Co, New York, USA
Type: Dubbel


Hmm...okay. Well, I drank this. But I probably wouldn't drink it again. This didn't smell or taste anything like I thought it would. No dark fruit flavors, no banana/clove/candi sugar smell, no spicy yeast. Instead a weird sour smell mixed with some barnyard funk, but not really in an appealing way.


Taste is similar, some tartness that mixes unpleasantly with the base beer. Some interesting black pepper flavors come out, but they just don't mesh with the other stuff that's going on. None of the boozy sweetness I'd expect from a Dubbel. Interesting and unique, but not a hit for me, and I say that as someone who usually enjoys funky/sour beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment