Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011 Day 47: Half Acre Gossamer Golden Ale


Name: Gossamer Golden Ale
From: Half Acre Beer Company, Illinois, USA
Type: American Blonde Ale

Half Acre is my local brewery. By local I mean it's literally brewed and canned a mile from my apartment. They also happen to make damn fine beer. I decided today I'd use one of their offerings I don't drink as frequently as others - Gossamer. This is a fairly light, clean tasting beer with a biscuity smell and citrus hop notes. Most Half Acre beers have a fairly unique scent - like I said, I don't drink this one too often, but I think it you blindfolded me and put it under my nose I'd be able to tell you it was from Half Acre - there's just something about it. This isn't my favorite style, and to be honest this beer is a bit on the dull side, but I'll be raving about their other beers soon enough. I'm finally caught up on my posts, so now I can sit back, relax, and have another Gossamer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment