Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 Day 36: Flying Dog Garde Dog


Name: Garde Dog
From: Flying Dog Brewery, Maryland, USA
Type: Biere De Garde

After my excellent experience with Jolly Pumpkin's Oro De Calabaza, I was excited to try another Biere De Garde. I have two main places I frequent when buying beer, but neither of them is really a close walk. Because my car is buried under two feet of black ice, I've been hitting up closer options. One of them is usually good for a couple of interesting beers I don't see other places, and I happily grabbed a sixer of Garde Dog when I saw it. I'm glad I did! This was a very enjoyable beer for me. It's really light, a bit fruity, and smooth. It has hints of Belgian-y flavors but everything is pretty muted and balanced. I think it would be more appropriate in spring or summer, but I had no problem knocking back a few of these on a nasty, blustery winter night. While nowhere near as complex or flavorful as the other Biere De Garde I had (definitely not as funky by a longshot), it was a fun interesting beer, and much more affordable. I look forward to drinking this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment