Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011 Day 43: Bitburger Premium Pils

Name: Bitburger Premium Pils
From: Bitburger Brauerei, Germany

Type: German Pilsener

This one has a nice story to it. 5 years ago my friend Pat and I recorded a remix of a song originally recorded by a rapping cat (don't ask) with a bunch of video game samples and clips stolen from Ron Popeil infomericals. While we worked on it, we put back a ton of Bitburgers, and ended up calling the project "Bitburger Murders". Well, 5 years later we were at it again, this time recording a cover of a song by my favorite band, The Fall. So once again, I found myself drinking some Bitburgers as we listened to drum tracks over and over again trying to get the levels right. It's a pretty good beer - it's got that hay/barley smell and taste common to German Pilseners. Clean, crisp, and refreshing. But really this one is all about the connection between this beer and great times and ridiculous remix projects. It's funny to have a sentimental attachment to a beer, but it's the truth. I can't wait until the next time I'm back in Missouri making music and drinking this beer with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment